Our collection includes about 140 items — books, pamphlets and electronic resources (PDFs, databases) — that cover a wide range of subjects relating to trees.
- Library Location and Hours: Geology Library, Virginia Department of Forestry (VDoF), 900 Natural Resources Drive, Fontaine Research Park, Charlottesville. After you enter DoF turn left and walk past Aromas (on your right) down the hall to the double doors of the Geology Library. Once inside, keep left and walk a few yards to the small room in back where our library books are kept in a locked metal cabinet. Geology is open Monday-Thursday 8-4:30.
- The CATS book cabinet key is in a small black magnetic box on the back of the cabinet. After checking out or returning books, please return the key to where you found it and be sure you to lock the cabinet.
- Check-outs: write your name, book title(s), and date on the clipboard log sheet located on top of the small wooden shelf next to the bookcase. Books are checked out for six weeks.
- Returns: record the check-in date on the log sheet and reshelve book(s) in its proper call number order in the cabinet.
- Renewals: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact CATS Librarian:
Email Anne Benham at email@example.com for email or phone assistance.