Committee Chair: Mary Spear – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Committee meets as needed, usually quarterly
Purpose: Keep CATS members and the community informed of CATS activities.
- Establish and maintain the CATS website and Facebook page
- Promote CATS events and classes through media exposure
- Develop a mailing list of those interested in CATS and send regular mailings about public events
- Send regular mailings to CATS members about volunteer opportunities, meetings, and items of interest
- Arrange table displays at local environmental events for public awareness
- Develop and maintain materials for public dissemination, such as flyers and brochures
- Maintain a collection of promotional and media clippings
- Maintain a roster of dues-paying members.
- Oversee the collection of volunteer hours
- Operate the lending library
- Maintain an inventory of printed materials such as brochures
Committee Chair: Barbara Monfort – email@example.com
(The Education Committee usually meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month for one-two hours. Check the calendar for date and venue changes.
Purpose: Recruit and train tree stewards; provide educational opportunities for the membership and public
- Design and implement Training Class content
- Choose and procure course materials
- Design, administer and grade the qualifying exam for the tree steward Training Class
- Maintain a record of class attendance
- Select speakers for monthly membership meetings
- Develop Tree Basics classes and Tree Walks for the public
- Maintain an inventory of educational materials and speaker gifts
Committee Chair: Kathy Nepote – firstname.lastname@example.org
(The Projects Committee usually meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month for two hours, but in 2021 we have been meeting by Zoom due to the COVID-19 requirements). Check the calendar for particulars on future meetings.
Purpose: Oversee CATS projects.
- Evaluate and approve project proposals according to guidelines for CATS projects
- Coordinate scheduling of projects and events with other organizations to ensure volunteer availability
- Support project leader for volunteer recruitment and participation on endorsed projects
- Maintain an inventory of CATS tools and equipment pertaining to CATS projects