Committee Chair: Dorothy Smith
The Communications Committee meets every 4th Thursday of the month at Northside Library, 705 Rio Rd W, Charlottesville, VA 22901 from 11:30-1:30 p.m.
Purpose: Keep CATS members and the community informed of CATS activities.
- Coordinate projects related to public awareness with display materials.
- Develop and maintain materials for public dissemination, such as the newsletter, flyers and brochures.
- Establish and maintain a CATS website and Facebook page.
- Promote CATS through media exposure.
- Maintain a collection of promotional and media clippings.
- Maintain a roster of dues-paying members.
- Oversee the collection of volunteer hours.
- Operate the lending library.
Committee Chair: Tom Wild
The Education Committee meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at Ivy Creek Natural Area Education Building, 1780 Earlysville Road, Charlottesville from 9-11 a.m.
Purpose: Recruit and train tree stewards.
- Design and implement class content, select and coordinate speakers for classes and membership meetings.
- Choose and procure course materials.
- Design, administer and grade the qualifying exam for the tree steward training class.
- Maintain a record of class attendance
- Determine eligibility for certification.
- Maintain an inventory of educational materials.
Committee Co-Chairs: Kendra Hall and Camille Wilson
The Projects Committee meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month at Carver Recreation Center Conference Room, 4th Street NW, Charlottesville from 9-11 a.m.
Purpose: Oversee CATS projects.
- Evaluate and approve project proposals according to guidelines for CATS projects.
- Coordinate scheduling of projects and events with other organizations to ensure volunteer availability.
- Support project leader for volunteer recruitment and participation on endorsed projects.
- Maintain an inventory of CATS tools and equipment pertaining to CATS projects.